- The volunteer program with ICAS is open to professors, students, and community members and is geared around the schedule, abilities, and energy of the individual. Volunteers can either be short-term, focusing on a specific event or project, or long-term, assisting ICAS when they have time. For volunteering with ICAS please contact the Director, Coordinator or Editor of the project, program, or region you would like to assist with.
The following are open positions with the Institute for Critical Animal Studies. All positions are volunteer. All nominations and applications for positions require:
1) One page Cover Letter
3) Three references
- ICAS is committed to providing an environment and equal opportunity to all volunteers free from discrimination because of ability, race, spirituality, creed, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or age.
- ICAS is committed to thoroughly investigating instances of allege discrimination and take corrective action if warranted.
- ICAS is committed to be continually alert to identify and correct any practices by individuals that are at variance with the intent of the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
- Please send nominations and applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All nominations are reviewed and decided by the Executive Board of Directors.
Executive Director of Board Relations – This position organizes the monthly meetings including the agenda and minutes. This position also posts the minutes on the website and maintains the board Manual. (CLOSED)
ICAS Asia Director – This position supports the development of the field of critical animal studies in the Asian continent in higher education. This position is responsible for developing a committee and,, assisting in hosting an annual conference and organizing forums such as panels, lectures, panels, and film screenings. (CLOSED)
Green Criminology Book Series Editor (Lexington Books) – ICAS is looking for an green criminology senior scholar that is goal oriented, collaborates, able to communicate regularly via Skype, able to write short reports, project based, holds to deadlines, creative, and able to delegate tasks. This position provides a short half page monthly report to the Publications Director for the monthly Executive Board of Directors meetings. This position requires three hours of work per week and is a long-term career appointment. (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
Fundraising Coordinator – ICAS is looking for a professional that is goal oriented, collaborates, able to communicate regularly via Skype, able to write short reports, project based, marketing skills, fundraising and budget background, holds to deadlines, creative, and able to delegate tasks. This position provides a short half page monthly report to the Director of Finance for the monthly Executive Board of Directors meetings. This position requires three hours of work per week and is a three year appointment, which can be renewed.