CAS Internship Program
- ICAS offers unpaid internships and volunteer positions, which provide excellent opportunities to learn how to run an event, program or project, delegate tasks, edit articles, write book or movie reviews, develop public relations skills, update and/or write for Web sites, write policy reports, and conduct research and analysis.
- ICAS internships offer great experiences for college students and the concerned public to gain skills working with a professional non-profit animal advocacy organization while making a significant social contribution. If you are interested, please contact us with the materials 1 through 5 noted below.
- The internship program with ICAS is open to students and community members. The internship program can be for either a semester or an academic year. Internship programs are typically dedicated to a specific goal, project, time line, and process. Internships can be either academic based with credits (1 to 3) or non-academic. If academic and credit related, we will likely have to set and monitor a precise number of hours. Otherwise, the internships will be individualized and set up between the individual intern and the Director of the Critical Animal Studies Center of Academic Excellence. Currently, this position is held by Dr. Kimberly Socha. She can be contacted at email@example.com.
- The volunteer program with ICAS is open to students and community members and is more informal and geared around the schedule and energy of the individual. Volunteers can either be short-term, focusing on a specific event or project, or long-term, assisting ICAS when they have time.
If you would like to apply please send:
- A 500 word personal statement
- Your full contact information (phone-number, e-mail, name, address)
- Three references
- A list of pertinent skills
- Area of ICAS you would like to assist with (we cannot promise that you will be placed in that particular area, but we will do our best to accommodate requests)
Send questions or application material to Dr. Susan Thomas: firstname.lastname@example.org