July Top Five Hip Hop Vegans
1. Russell Simmons, a vegan, is CEO of Rush Communications, he cofounded the hip-hop music label Def Jam Recordings and created the clothing fashion lines Phat Farm, Argyleculture, and Tantris.
2. Dead Prez is a Hip Hop duo composed of stic.man and M-1, formed in 1996 in New York City, who promote veganism and healthy living.
3. DJ Cavem is a Hip Hop MC from Denver, Colorado who was gansta, but now a veggie gardener teaching youth about healthy living by doing workshops and lectures on Hip Hop and food justice.
4. Keith Tucker a Hip Hop activist is founder of Hip Hop is Green and “Hip Hop Green Dinners are a National Health Initiative set in urban communities and designed to introduce new people, especially youth, to delicious, healthy vegan food. The Green Dinners are most attendees’ first introduction to a vegan meal and are a perfect combination of information and entertainment. Also invited are top National speakers and performance artists in the health and food justice movement.”
5. Brenda Sanders is a community health advocate and the Executive Director of the Better Health, Better Life organization.Better Health, Better Lifebrings healthy living to people in underserved Baltimore communities. She’s conducted workshops at senior centers and afterschool programs as well as a six-week intensive series of healthy living classes that was completely free and open to the public.